“Cosmetic dentistry is the blend of the art and science of enhancing or changing your smile for the purposes of health, beauty, and function.”
A recent dental survey found:
- More than 92% of adults agree that an attractive smile is an important social asset.
- Nearly as many, close to 88%, say they always remember someone with an especially attractive smile.
- 85% agree that an unattractive smile makes a person less appealing to people of the opposite sex.
- 74% agree that an unattractive smile can hurt a person’s chances for career success.
- Only 50% of Americans are satisfied with their smile.
There are many way to change one’s smile. Some patients want to correct childhood problems such as discolored, gapped, or crooked teeth. Others want to fix defects they’ve developed over time, like cracked or worn-down teeth. This makes their smile look more youthful.
Teeth and jaw malignment can lead to abnormal wear of tooth surfaces, , excessive stress on gum tissue, inefficient chewing. Misalignment of the jaw joints can lead to chronic headaches and facial or neck pain. Cosmetic and orthodontic dentistry can help prevent and alleviate these problems.