Dr. Eric Chu was raised in Vancouver, BC. He graduated from Britannia Secondary in 1989 and the University of British Columbia’s School of Dentistry in 1998. Upon graduation, he practiced in Langley, BC for 9 yrs. Dr. Chu then established Sasamat Dental in Vancouver in 2006 and in 2011 he purchased this practice, now known as Smiles @ Fleetwood.
Dr. Chu has been mentored by various world renowned dental specialists, including Dr. William Liang (Implantologist), Dr. Ron Zokol (Implantologist), Dr. Derek Mahoney (Orthodontist), and Dr. Mark Calona (Laser dentist) and has developed outstanding clinical skills over the years. His passion and special interests extend to children’s dentistry, laser, sedation ,cosmetic dentistry, implants, orthodontics, root canal therapy and wisdom teeth extractions. Adults and children have commented that his gentle soft spoken nature have made them fall sleep during dental procedures.
Dr. Chu loves photography and enjoys running. He has participated in the BMO 1/2 marathons and is trying to improve his personal best.
Dr. Chu has an Associate Fellowship with the World Clinical Laser Institute. He also has taken additional training in braces, TMD, and pain and anxiety control using oral sedation.
Dr Chu is currently pursuing his Associate Fellow status with the American Association of Implant Dentistry and his Diplomate status with the International Association of Orthodontics.
- AAID MaxiCourse Continuum 2015-present
- AAID MaxiCourse Implant Program- renown dentist, Dr. William Liang 2014-2015
- Advanced Implant Prosthodontics Level 2 from the Pacific Implant Institute- Dr. Ron Zokol, Vancouver, BC, Dec 2006
- F.O.C.U.S Vancouver study club in TMD and Occlusion- renown dentist, Dr. Michael Racich, Vancouver, B.C., 2012- present
- Nitrous Oxide and Oral Sedation- Dr. D. Donaldson, Dr. M Donaldson, Dr. F. Quarnstrom, Vancouver, BC, April 2008
- Aesthetic Orthodontic Study Club, Dr. Richmond Cheng 2005-present
- Invisalign-Align Technology, Inc. 2007-present
- Millennium Orthodontic- Given by renown orthodontist Dr. Derek Mahoney, Feb. 2005
- Endodontic Learning Centre- Dr. Hugh Maguire, Endodontist 1999-2002
- The Occlusion and Esthetics Study Club- renown Prosthodontist, Dr. John Nasedkin, Vancouver, B.C., 2006-2008
- V.O.I.S.S. IV implant study club- renown dentist, Dr. Don Anderson, Vancouver, B.C., 2013- 2014
- Implant Connections study club- renown dentist, Dr. Bill Liang, Whiterock, B.C., 2008-2014
- Dental Organization Memberships:
- Canadian Dental Association since 1998.
- BC Dental Association since 1998.
- International Association of Orthodontics since 2005